Saturday, November 13, 2010

As always I had the best intentions to keep this updated... lets see what's been happening?






I've been whale watching with Mum, Lin and Brooke with Seaworld out of Southport and it was amazing. Two young whales seemed as curious of us as we were of them and despite the 200m exclusion zone they came right up to the boat to leap and show off and even played tag under the boat. They appeared to be competing for our attention. There was also a pod of dolphins just playing in the wash of the boat.



sorry no whale photos I have some splashes and just water shots - I was so in the moment and watching that the camera was forgotten.



October saw me turning 61- some days I feel every day of it and some days I just wonder how I got that old?




ounger brother Pete came up for the school holidays with his sons Harry and Will (who live in Victoria) and he doesn't get to see them often - this was their first holiday together. They spent their days at the theme parks with Pete's other son Jake who lives here on the Gold Coast.


it was good to spend some time with them in the evening and have a chance to get to know them.



There's been a family wedding in Bali - very sadly I was unable to go but the reports and photos show that it was a wonderful, well celebrated, occassion. Jaci - my sister Ann and Stu's youngest daughter- married James and they are now living in Indonesia. Jaci speaks fluent Indonesian and studied there for a year at University.



For me life continues - I'm now the sole worker at WWILD after some internal personality conflicts and I'm really hoping for a new manager soon. Keeping all the balls in the air is keeping me busy.



My quilting is slow - I continue hand quilting Lin's quilt, dabling with my African hexagons and I've signed up for a double mini-round robin - I find deadlines help keep me motivated. We start with two 4 1/2 inch squares and them they are posted and rounds are added - first round is comlimentary one inch border.
















No comments: