Friday, May 14, 2010

Quilts May 2010

This started as a blog that would record my quilt making, the hope was that my skills would grow and I would create much loved quilts. It's now so long since I even made a quilt related posting. My life just gets busier - what happened to slowing down in one's old age?


But I've had a couple of long weekends, and Mum is in Melbourne as Linda (sister) is again struggling with cancer. So I've taken the time to finish the hand quilting on Mum's 80th birthday present - she is 82 today. Happy Birthday Mum.


these Dresden plate blocks were inspired from a SCQ swap in 2008 with Masu.


now I need to make and attach the binding.

And to complete the top I'm making for Linda to go in her Miss Bridey room. Her grand-daughter sleeps over.

the individual blocks were again inspired by a fellow swapper -Glenda in Kuranda

now to hand quilt, I've pieced the backing, and I pinned on the tressel tables at work as there's no space here.
So nothing is ever all bad, I've had time to be more creative, even starting a paper pieced diamond hexagon quilt in African fabrics. Just what I needed -another hand project! I'm still partisipating in the on-line Scquilters swaps and I find the monthly deadlines keep me sewing something when I would just veg out on the couch.



the start of my "Pieces of my Past" quilt just for me.
I shared the scrapbooks I'm making for the kids with Jess when she visited, and so that's an on-going project. Last weekend I got 51 prints of Christmas photos from 2009 when I visited Canberra. There will be some for Jess, some for Dan, and some for all three of us. I'm considering keeping up with the current photos and memories, and then just filling in with the history ones - the kids current scapbooks are Christmas 1984, so a long way to catch up. Now I'm trying to locate all my Molly photos and collect and record all the Molly stories.

No comments: