Saturday, January 3, 2009

three months have past!


it's now 2009 - on reflection I decided 2008 was a year of endings for me, ending a job I loved, ending a marriage I didn't so much any more, ending friendships, just by distance and lack of availability. But I'm looking to 2009 as a beginning on so many levels.


the last three months haven't been the easiest, Mum has had two hospitalizations, job applications are slow, I seem to get lots of interviews, but miss out. On enquiry I find my age is against me and the wide experiance I have is an advantage to go for more jobs but in the big smoke the jobs are more specific - relationship, children, anger, depression, grief and loss, family, drug and alcohol, and though I have worked with all these, there are others that have worked in just that area. I'm still confident the right job will turn up at the right time.




I've been making a list each day when I sleep and when I wake of all the things i'm grateful for - they tend to get lost in the daily struggle to try to get ahead. So today I'm grateful to have the time to read novels, I'm grateful i have airconditioning when so many don't, I'm grateful my children are alive and well.


This is Murwillumbar- Mountain Village retirement but the unit I liked has been withdrawn from sale so I guess it's not or me at this time. I've decided I need to live much closer to Mum at this time so I'll probably rent in Ashmore for 12 months.

and I'll try to write more even though my life isn't at all interesting - each day brings something however small an trivial. No photos but i can still write it down. Ok web photos will have to do.




I had a lovely very quiet Christmas with Dan, he arrived the day before, and seemed happy to just be in a quiet and clean place. Living off my saving means no expensive outings and I live a very quiet life. Dan spent New Year with Matt Ogilvie ( who has been a mate since they were in second grade) Dan and I had a day together on Friday as Matt was at work - I splurged on lunch at the North Burleigh Surf Club - fish and chips and the beach of course! Then we took a trip down to Murwillumbar. Lots of talking and just sharing the day.




2 comments:

Linda Robertus said...

Hi Jill, good to hear from you again. Happy new year, I hope it will be a very good year for you.

Unknown said...

I found my name on your blog via Google search. So glad you enjoyed my book. Good luck. Frank Coates (www.footloose.com.au)